Monday, April 11, 2011

My Promise


I promised myself I would start writing again on my Blog. It's been so many months and each day that passes makes it easier to avoid. Yet, this is a place to share experiences and pass on my passion for sport and life. I am lucky enough to have triathlon in my life and even luckier to experience it racing with the professional field. Every little workout and thought about sports and preparing to tax our bodies is a chance to learn and improve. We must share in this so we all get better and love what we do more and more.

Of late I have been learning about social media and the power of online communication. Faster than a click we can find out if an athlete won an race, an earthquake hit Japan or what the hottest topic is around the world. Amazing. It has changed the way I think about communication and the relevancy of so many exchanges, in person or online. It has also opened up a new community to me and when respected and purposed, online communication has its own etiquette and do's & don't. Although I am very much a neophite, I am fascinated and committed to delving in more and more. At first I was resistant to following topics related to sports and triathlon. Do I really care what Chrissie Wellington had for breakfast? But I sorted through those companies and people I respect and want to learn from (Chrissie is included on that list of people I respect) and read what I want to and leave the rest.

As I prepare for my racing season ahead of 70.3 Ironman's, I'll be using social media, tweeting about topics and things i think are relevant and hope you will too.

Much more to come and thanks for your patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment